We Work Mindfully
Introduction to mindfulness five-week coursE with Yvonne Ginsberg
Mindfulness is a skill, and being a skill, it is trainable. It hones attention to a sharp point while also revealing the big picture. Mindfulness exerts a calming effect on the entire nervous system, beginning with the vagus nerve, the largest nerve in the body, and continues to settle down anxiety-producing hormones in the brain. These are all factors that enliven creativity and focus while at the same time deepening contemplation to inform and enrich insights. All these are great resources for both working and personal life.
In personal life mindfulness enhances empathy and compassion for self and others. It also supports resilience, energy and general well-being.
In social/work life mindfulness increases focus and energy to work smarter, conserve energy and time, enhance productivity, deepen work engagement and collaborative spirit. It supports resilience to overcome challenges and downfalls.
While this optimizes the clarity and sustainable energy useful for satisfying work/life experience, you may find it, at times, therapeutic or even sacred. But that is entirely up to you.
Yvonne Ginsberg is excited to offer a six-week course that will teach the basic skills of mindfulness and apply it to your aspirations in both work and personal life.
About Yvonne Ginsberg
- Graduate of Carnegie-mellon U.
- Taught under graduate Psychology @ Yale.
- Ran research project @ Yale with Irving Janis, author of Groupthink.
- Organized & co-led 3 month meditation retreats for 3 years.
- Facilitated & coached Boards & execs of 20th century corporations.
- Presented & facilitated Burning Man.
- Co-taught SIY course @ Google for 6 years.
Location: WeWork Civic Center
Conference Room TBD
Price: $40 per session ($200 in full)
Dates & Times:
Wednesday August 1st: 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday August 8th: 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday August 15th: 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday August 22nd: 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday August 29th: 11:00am-12:30pm
How to Sign Up:
- Go to PayPal.com & log in or create an account
- Click "Send or Request Money" and choose "Send Money"
- Under "Send money to" type in "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Choose "Sending to a friend"
- Type in $200.00 and add the note below "We Work Mindfully"
- Send email confirmation to email@example.com
Hurry! Space is limited!
Only the first 10 to pay will have a spot in this program!